Job Opportunity | Maintenance Manager | Tru by Hilton in Yarmouth
A maintenance manager will manage the Team to efficiently maintain all hotel operations such as safety, security, and compliance are ensured at the highest levels.
What will I be doing?
As Maintenance Manager, you are responsible for the effective management of all maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation. You are responsible for the compliance regulations and procedures as required for hotel standards. Specifically, the Maintenance Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead the maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules
- Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and public areas
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Guests and Team Members, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property
- Communicate with Government agencies to ensure full compliance with statutory regulations - Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for the department
- Perform daily checks around the hotel.
- Must have a pool maintenance certification.
- Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in a safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all preventative and emergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Coordinate and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost-effectively.
- Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the maintenance Department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives -
- (Pre-opening/Opening extra responsibilities) Supervise the handover process of all premises and M&E, monitor Design & Construction brand compliance, as well as Fire Life & Safety company requirements. Manages the snagging process.
What are we looking for?
A Maintenance Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- A degree or diploma or similar
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience in managing a team
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience in facilities management
- Proficient, at an advanced level, with computers and relevant computer programs
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- First Aid
- Fire and Emergency
- Lifeguard and pool maintenance
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
The safety and well-being of Hilton's guests and Team Members have always been our top priority. As part of our Hilton CleanStay program, all Hilton Team Members globally are currently required to wear face coverings while on property.
If you are interested in the above position, please submit your resume in complete confidence to: