Nation Native Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program
Yarmouth Health Centre
10534 Highway #3
Yarmouth, NS, B5A 5J7
Phone: (902) 742-4337
Fax: (902) 742-4824
Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Office: (902) 742-8883
The mission of Nation Native Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program is to promote healthy spirits and sober lifestyles by providing a high-quality, full continuum of culturally-sensitive intervention and prevention services in all First Nations and Inuit Health Regions in Canada.
All aspects of planning, development and delivery of services will proceed in a fashion that gives utmost attention to the principle that the interest of clients must always be a primary concern.
Services offered by NADACA:
- Diversion Program
- Education (Community and Regional)
- Alcohol and Drug Education Workshops
- School Programs and workshops
The Treatment Schedule for Mi'kmaw Lodge in Eskasoni and Eagles Nest in Indianbrook can be found at NADACA Upcoming Events.
Following are some Admission Criteria for Treatment:
- Client must have medical form completed by doctor
- Client must have assessment completed by prevention counsellor
- Prevention Counsellor must have at least five (5) sessions with client prior to referral
- Client must complete a Detox Program prior to admission to treatment. Those who have not completed Program will not be accepted
- Individuals who have been sentenced to house arrest or incarceration are not admitted into treatment
- Medical Services Branch cover two trips ONLY, the start of the treatment program and the completion of the program. No weekend passes are covered by Medical Services Branch. If the individual leaves the program prior completion, the client is responsible for their own return transportation cost
If anyone has any question pertaining to NADACA please feel free to contact Health Centre located in Yarmouth.